- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- A solid understanding of Relational Databases, Normalization, and Data Warehouse Methodologies..
- Proficiency in using Standard Query Language (SQL).
- Minimum 6 years of experience writing efficient and complex stored procedures/SQL queries (i.e. joins, temp tables, cursors, performance tuning, etc.)
- Proficiency in using Reporting Analytics & Visualization tools.
- 4+ years’ experience with Tableau development
- Minimum 6 years of experience with integration tools required.(SQL Server Integration Services, Datastage, Oracle Data Integrator, Pentaho Data Integration, etc. )
The Business Intelligence Developer creates and maintains technologies, applications, and practices for the collection, integration, analysis, and presentation of data. This includes ETL, data modeling, scripting, data visualization, interactive dashboards, and standard ad hoc reporting. Will have primary responsibility for data source and warehousing, visualization layers. Will also partner directly with the business to turn data into knowledge and insights
Skills & Job Duties
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Should be able to work directly with the Client business team and gather requirements, transform them into the desired documents and implement them as ETL processes.
- Perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Design, develop, document, and implement data mappings for ETL implementations.
- Design, develop, document, and implement data integrations (ETL) for OLAP systems.
- Creates effective Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and analytical dashboards / analytical tools for business users in Tableau Desktop/ Tableau Server.
- Build and publish customized interactive Tableau Desktop/ Tableau Server reports and dashboards along with data refresh scheduling using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Develop new and build improvements on existing reports and dashboards using Tableau Desktop/ Tableau Server
- Create Tableau Scorecards, Dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and Gantt charts, etc.
- Effectively utilizes features and Best Practices of Tableau Desktop/ Tableau Server and visual analytics to maximize the impact and utility of visualization products.
- Develop and follow best practices in setting up users, groups, and permissions in Tableau Desktop/ Tableau Server
- Install, configure, and Deploy Tableau Desktop/ Tableau Server upgrades across environments.